PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 28, 2008

~ The Living Room ~

Our living room is a across from the Tea Cup Room. We had all new floors installed throughout the house when we moved in, the fireplace was refaced in tile and the mantel was made taller and more pronounced. The fireplace can be used as a wood burning or gas, right now we have a gas log insert. The lace curtains were purchased from "Country Curtains".
I made the slip cover for the ottoman by the red double cuddle chair, the polka dotted pillows and the table top scarf in the corner. The beautiful crocheted afghan on the red double cuddle chair was made by my Brother n Law's Mom"Rhoda". I know how much time it takes to make such a lovely afghan and all the hand stitching she did, Rhoda is amazing! A closer look at the afghan.
A look from the front door into the Living Room. I will show you the Dinning Room soon. I have noticed that my walls look white while in fact they are a soft butter yellow. My walls are always changing colors throughout the day due to the light that shines through the transon windows.
A closer look at the mantel, above the mantel is a "Kinkade" called "Carmel Sunset on Ocean Aveune".

3 comments:

Gone said...

WOW...pretty, pretty, pretty!! I love the living room and all of it's prettiness!!

I love the Kinkade...and the stained glass transom windows in the Dining Room!

~Blessings,
Jan

Michelle said...

What a pretty room ~ homey and elegant! I love that big cuddle chair..

Your handwork is so pretty..you should go into business!

Michelle

Unknown said...

I saw an advertisement in costa rica homes for sale and i decided to go there, it was really amazing. I must to tell this vacation was very wonderful.