PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

~ Tea Room Re-Do ~

Before picture of the Tea Room. Before picture.
After Christmas re-arranging of the tea room. Gary and I went back to our favorite antique shop in Modesto the "Antique Emporium" and purchased the blue tea-cart and the pink settee.
What we fell in love with was the size of the settee, all the rooms in our home are very small so this was a perfect fit.
I think we have more room now to move around. The wicker green lounger we had in the corner where the floral chair is now went over to my Mom and Dad's home.
Mom loved the wicker lounger and would go into the tea room to rest. We knew she had to have it so we called her up and said we have a surprise for you we'll be right over. We are thinking she is thinking "Oh the kids are bringing us a dessert". Well Gary and I arrived at their front door carrying in the lounger and Mom was so thrilled and happy!.

Here you can see the corner where the wicker lounger was, now the floral chair rests in that corner. The sun was shining through the window and I just had to take this picture. Gary and I moved the white half table under the window and moved the white round table that was standing beside the floral chair and put it between the settee and chair. We really like the way the tea room turned out.
This picture actully shows the color of the walls, its a light soft yellow that is in the front room as well. Only thing is when ever I take a picture of the walls they seem to look white. I don't get it maybe its the way the light filters through the transome windows.
I also tried to DE-clutter a bit, as I have sad before I have a problem with keeping to much out. I just love to see all my favorite things, but then I have to dust and think "maybe I should put some things away", but then I bring them back out. Silly me!
A picture of the tea-cart, its been painted antique blue the serving tray can be removed for serving but it's kind of heavy so I won't be using it as such.
The fabric underneath the serving tray was left over from the pillows that are now on the couch in the front room.
The wall that the tea-cart is leaning against is where the white half table had been. So this is it for a while anyway until we get the bug to re-arrange again. Our next post I will show you the family room and the new wall to wall cabinets.

4 comments:

Connie from Beverly Hills California said...

You have a lovely home!! Had a great visit. Please stop by when you can. thecottageloft.blogspot.com

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Beautiful! I love the way the sun streams in!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Elizabeth ~~ Thank you so much for the kind words you left on my blog in regards to the loss of our Jordan.

We don't live too far away either. Small world, isn't it?

Do you want to know something even more amazing? I KNOW that tea cart and you bought it from my dear friend, Karen. She sells at the J ST Emporium. I sell at Remember When. Karen and I, along with Cheryl, Debbie and Marsha (J Street Gals) are all good friends. And Tina (Cherry Hill) has a sister Kathy who is a dear friend of mine as well. The world really isn't all that large.

I would love to meet you someday. My email is www.sweetcottagedreams1@comcast.net

Perhaps in a month or so....after are family pulls ourselves together. This is such a hard time at the moment.

hugs,
Becky

SueLovesCherries said...

Hi Elizabeth, I've enjoyed visiting your blog today. Your tea room is so cozy - what a great idea for a room! I love the platter in your sidebar - could you email me with info on where it may be purchased, if you know? Thanks so much! My blog is: mysecretgarden.blogspot.com.