PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sewing & Knitting & Crocheting OH MY!

 Good Morning Monday! And what a grand day it is to write a blog post.
Busy hands, that is what I have had a lot of lately. Our family has been blessed with another baby on the way due in August. My niece is having a boy Mason Mark.
So of course I went to work making blankets.
Also a family friend is due to have a baby also in August (a girl).  So today I thought I would share with you all a few baby gifts I have been creating.
First off for baby girl no name yet Mommy and Daddy want to see her precious face before naming her (although I have been told Mommy and Daddy have two names picked out).
I enjoy sewing blankets in flannel and fleece, the colors and patterns are so pretty now and there are so many amazing prints to choose from. I fell in love with the pastel colors and little leaves and flowers on this flannel.
The baby girl sweater and booties are crochet and the pattern is from the book (Surprise Crochet Sweaters for Baby by Darla Sims).  I use cotton yarn when making baby sweaters.  

 How I love polka dots! they are such happy little dots! and I love adding the little p.s. I love you tag.

 The pattern for the blanket with the polka dot trim I found on line from (Missouri Star Quilt Company)
 Two fun blankets to sew in a few hours.  I watch TV while I sew, do you?
 Now for the blankets I made for my new nephew. I used the same pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
And there's Shiloh he looks like he jumped off the blanket LOL. He was sleeping and didn't like that I disturbed him, just look at his face expression  LOL.
 The puppies are so adorable I think.
 A little knitted hat and booties. At first I left them kinda plain and then I thought they needed something, So I made a little M for the hat and changed out the booties ties from black to blue.

 You know how tiny the baby is when we bring them home and the car seats seem to swallow then up so to speak, well I thought why not make a tiny blanket just to fit a car seat since a regular size receiver or blanket is just to much for a new born. I made a small crochet car seat blanket.
I went on line and found the pattern for the (Football Embellishment  here)
 The crochet blanket is my own design.

 My niece and her husband live in the S.F. bay area where the Oakland A's are very popular. They attend quite a few baseball games and bring along their 3 year old son, who has become quite the Fan! So as a gift for my 3 year old nephew Makai and his new baby brother Mason I made them a blanket to share while going to the games or watching from home.

 I used fleece on one side and flannel on the other. Gary just bought me a new sewing machine and I just had a class on the embroidery functions. This was my first attempt at it.
I used the Disney charactures since this little family also loves Disney land and often visits Mickey so this was a double gift they can use it at the games and while at Disney land.



 And the last blanket for all the SF bay area peeps the SF 49er's ! I put the  baby's name on it. Teehehe the 49er's are Mommy's team and the Oakland Raiders are Daddy's team ...I think I might make a Raider one for Daddy, but don't tell him OK....LOL


 Oh ya, one more thing a little knitted hat in gold and red, the team colors of the NINERS! 
I sure do enjoy making blankets of all sorts whether its a quilt, a sewn blanket, crochet or knitted. A home made blanket is like a big (Hug).

Update on Gary's Achilles Tendon Surgery - He is doing very well, had the original surgical cast bandage removed last Monday and a hard cast put on that he will wear for another 3.5 weeks a total of about 6 weeks in a cast.
The incision was about 12 inches long and 40 staples. Poor guy! 
We rented a kneeling scooter for him to get around in so much easier, the wheel chair is just to heavy for me to lift in and out of the car ( I'm kinda wimpy)

Joining in with the following blog parties:

Susan-Between Naps on the Porch-Metamorphosis Monday

Kathryn-The Dedicated House-Make it Pretty Monday

Mary-Boogieboard Cottage-Masterpiece Monday

Cheryl-Sew Can Do-Monday

Cindy- Dwellings-Amaze Me Monday

Brenda-Cozy Little Cottage-Tweak it Tuesday

Marty-A Stroll Thru Life-Inspire me Tuesday

Kim-Savvy Southern Style-WOW Us Wednesday 

Jann-Have a Daily cup of Mrs. Olson-Share Your Cup Thursday 

Courtney-French Country Cottage-Feathered Nest Friday 

15 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Elizabeth:
I love everything you created, but I'm especially taken with the first little sweater set and the crocheted football blanket (your own design, no less!). Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pieces. There will be many happy people because of them.
Blessings,
Donna

BECKY said...

Love all of your handiwork, Elizabeth! Lovely as usual! It's been awhile, but I am happy to see that all is well with you!! Your home looks wonderful!!

Have a delightful week!
Becky

Becky said...

You've been a busy little bee, girlfriend!! Everything is just beautiful!

Linda Walker said...

Wow, your baby items are so cute! I really wish I could knit and crochet. I have such trouble keeping stitches consistent in size! I love all of your handmade baby gifts! The blankets are great too!Have a great week!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Pammy Sue said...

My gosh, you have been busy! Love the crochet things. Baby things, especially dresses, are my favorite thing to crochet other than doilies. The fleece are sweet to. Looks like a fun thing to make.

Marissa said...

What a wonderful way to stay busy..Loving the football crochet need to show my mom she would just love it..
Thanks for sharing

Karie said...

OMGosh, Elizabeth you have been busy. What beautiful things you have made. Love, love it all. You make me feel like I need to get busy crocheting and making blankets. I love the fabric prints you have chosen. Don't they have some beautiful prints now that we can chose from. And I do love the "49er". I may be in Utah but I love the 49er's. Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous things you have been creating. Hugs to you. Karie

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

You have certainly been busy and what lovely projects...such a variety here! :)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Elizabeth,
You have been quite creative and you for sure will create some very happy faces!
Enjoy your summer in your new home.
Hugs,
Mariette

Catherine Holman said...

You're amazing Elizabeth and your family is so blessed by your many talents. We live about 45 minutes from Missouri Star Quilt Co. It's so fun to go there! So glad your husband is doing well after his surgery.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

These are adorable - x 10!!!

Ana said...

You have been one very busy little bee my sweet friend. Everything turned out soooo cute. I'm sure that they will be received with lots of love and treasured dearly. Sending you lots of lovin'. Wishing you and Gary an awesome 4th of July.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh, I just adore all of your projects -- nothing beats a handmade gift. Your crochet is just beautiful. I'm a novice but learning and absolutely love it!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Such wonderful gifts for the cute little soon to be bundles of joy! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Melinda said...

Great gifts for the babies!
I'm sure everyone will enjoy them.

Super job!

M : )